Friday, 27 September 2013

Oh, My Favourite Skechers!

Hello again. I know I haven't blogged for awhile. I've officially settled down in university so the assignments are starting to pile in. Luckily, I have no lessons for today and Friday so I have a long weekend to update. Anyway, today's topic will be SKECHERS. Yes, I'm talking about the shoe brand. SKECHERS designs and develops shoes no matter the age or demographic. Furthermore, they have broadened their heritage lines consisting of SKECHERS Sport, SKECHERS USA, SKECHERS ACTIVE, SKECHERS Cali, SKECHERS Work and SKECHERS Kids; to now include SKECHERS GORun and BOBS, a SKECHERS charity footwear brand that donates a new pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair for every pair sold. How gracious is that! 

I bought my first pair of SKECHERS when the outlet at Jurong Point had just opened years ago. My dad was really intrigued with the benefits of the Shape-Ups series. The Shape-Ups are generally great for fitness with ultra-lightweight and SmartShoe bottom design which tones your leg muscles with each stride. They also help improve your posture and blood circulation which was a plus point for me. The pair I bought was white as I wore them to school daily and only white shoes were allowed to my secondary school. I also became a member at their store.  hehe. These were how my shoes looked like,


SKECHERS Shape-Ups
The Benefits of Shape-Ups
Here are some of my favourite shoes from SKECHERS and some ideas on how I would style according to the shoes.

Daddy$ - Lone Star

From the Women's Daddy's Money: Gimme series, the Lone Star High Top Shoes is a soft denim high cut shoe with a hidden wedge which is perfect for short people like me. The studs and denim go well together to give that cool, edgy look that I always love. These are also really comfy despite the hidden wedge!

Daddy$ - Lone Star



USA Liebrties - Red Carpet Ballet Flats

Flats are definitely a must have for me. I normally use flats for days when I have to look presentable and posh but find it uncomfortable to wear heels. When I was working in a secondary as a float assistant, I often have to climb stairs and do hourly round checks on each class which is super tiring leaving me with sore feet. These Red Carpet Ballet Flats, however, are not only chic but really comfortable thanks to the soft cushioning. No longer do you have to attend events or do presentations in heels. These are elegant enough.

USA Liberties -  Red Carpet Ballet Flats


Relaxed Fit - Head High

Everyone owns a pair of slippers for those dress down days where you head out for grocery shopping or have fun at the beach. However, that doesn't mean you have to look sloppy. Take your warm weather comfort to the next level with the Relaxed Fit -Head High Sandals. These have beautiful crystal detailing but are also super comfortable. I especially love these cause they make me look taller in slippers as well. Now, I don't have to worry about looking like some hobo on the beach.

Relaxed Fit - Head High


Bob's World - SOS

One of my personal favourites, the Bob's World - SOS are a fun pair of party shoes as I would like to call it. The sequins and leather fabric accentuates that really classy look. When I first saw these shoes, I thought they were great for dinner dates with loved ones as its not too formal and not too casual. And as I mentioned before, shoes from this collection are a charity brand. So buying pair feels like you're somehow giving back to society.

Bob's World - SOS


GO Run

Being quite sporty myself, I own a few sports/running shoes. I was previously from a badminton and netball background, so having a good pair is really important to me. The SKECHERS GO Run is designed to give you a more natural running experience and has cushioning for impact protection. The vibrant colours and various design from this series has me spoiled for choice. In the end, I went with something funky and eye-catching. I would love to take these for a stroll in the park.
GO Run


I'm really captivated by the wide range of brilliant designs SKECHERS have. Right now, SKECHERS is having a contest and giving away a pair of shoes worth $169. See the video below for details.

Check out the official "Oh, My Favourite SKECHERS!" video, featuring 2 awesome bloggers, Rachell Tan and Benjamin Toh.



Do visit their blogs too!

TYPICALBEN
RACHELLTAN


























Well, that pretty much wraps up this post. If you do not own a pair of Skechers, then, what are you waiting for? Get your hands on a pair today!



SKECHERS Concept Stores:
Tampines 1 #03-02 Tel: 6260 2190
Jurong Point #01-16J Tel: 6795 7478
ION Orchard #B2-14 Tel: 6884 6567
Queensway #01-14 Tel: 6475 2515
Compass Point #01-21/22 Tel:  6388 7375
Nex Serangoon #01-32 Tel: 6634 4351
Parkway Parade #02-40/41 Tel: 6346 2556
Causeway Point #01-30 Tel: 6893 3901
The Clementi Mall #04-41/42 Tel: 6659 1822
Changi City Point #02-42 Tel: 6636 1078
VivoCity #02-13/14 Tel: 6270 4211
Raffles City #03-06/07 6338 3356
Jem #03-35 Tel: 6734 9678
Opening Soon: Bedok Mall and Bugis Junction (In November)

Follow SKECHERS Singapore Instagram account 
http://instagram.com/skecherssg

Do visit SKECHERS Website for the latest shoes collection

And don’t forget to “LIKE” them on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...