Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Geo HC-102 Hurricane Blue Circle Lens


So one of my dear friends just left for Sweden for her school exchange trip. Before she left she gave me this pair of Geo Hurricane Blue contact lens. Aparently, the supplier got the order wrong or something so she gave them to me instead. Thanks babe!

So here's a little review of these pair of contacts. After opening them, I noticed the design was a simple blue lens. The colour looks really pretty but I wondered how this would turn out on my black brown eyes. The Geo brand is quite popular for casual everyday wear in terms of colour and design. Actually, I had tried Geo lens before, I got a green pair and the colour turned out really nice so I had expectations for this one. I had a fashion shoot around that period which I of course took the chance to try these lens out.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 GEO HC-102 HURRICANE BLUE CIRCLE LENS

  • Diameter: 14.2mm
  • Base Curve: 8.6mm
  • Water Content: 38 %
  • 12 months disposable

I received the just the lens since it's from my friend so no pretty packaging on anything like that. haha.




So here's how they turned out on my eyes.



Colour: 
The colour was disappointing. The blue sadly doesn't show up well on dark eyes.  Under certain lighting conditions, these may look like a dark blue but most of the time it just looks black. My friend didn't even realized I was wearing blue ones. The hurricane design is really nice though and looks natural on the eyes so it's still quite pretty to wear out, just that it probably won't look blue.

Comfort: 
GEO being very popular for everyday wear is without a doubt meant to be comfy. These soft lens are thin and you can barely feel it on the eyes. I wore it for about 8 hrs for a shoot, no pain or discomfort whatsoever. 


Enlargement: 
This pair is 14.2mm in diameter hence, little to no enlargement is expected. My pupils are big in general so these were like my natural pupil size. To be fair these contacts are meant for daily casual wear so this would be a good fit. Just that I'm a fan of more vivid looking lenses. 



Overall:

Personally, I'm not a fan of these. They're not suited for my dark eyes. There's a bunch of series that GEO offers which are better in terms of colour. Of course, these are still nice to wear, probably good for light eyes but if you're like me, maybe try a brown or black one instead just to enhance and brighten your natural pupils. These design definitely blend well so it's great for simple everyday wear. Since it's free, I'm still gonna wear these out for school or something.

I did wore it to a shoot once and here's one of the photos.

Till next time! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...